Please vote for Nashville CARES to win a $5,000 grant from First Tennessee's 150 Days of Giving - Vote Now!
Our mission is to end the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Middle Tennessee. We work to achieve this through education, advocacy and support for those at risk for or living with HIV.
With your help, Nashville CARES offers services annually to more than 60,000 Middle Tennesseans infected and affected by HIV/AIDS including: HIV prevention education to over 45,000 youth and adults, 13,000 FREE confidential HIV tests, and support services to 2,500 men, women and children living with the disease.
Last year, Nashville CARES:
- Educated 7,500 teenagers and 9,500 young adults about HIV prevention
- Provided 103,600 meals to 1,400 people with HIV/AIDS
- Helped 1,860 clients find housing and address housing issues
- Paid $400,900 in mortgage, rent and utility bills
- Distributed 6,000 bus passes and gas vouchers to 975 people with HIV/AIDS
- Educated 24,300 GLBT individuals about HIV
- Offered 2,200 hours of individual and group counseling and addiction therapy
- Provided 720 hours of CARE Team help with household chores
- Educated 14,900 women to protect their health
- Distributed 191,000 direct prevention materials
- Paid for dental care for 540 people with HIV/AIDS
- Helped pay for medicine and medical care for 1,750 people with HIV/AIDS
- Provided 14,600 hours of planning & advocacy to help 2,170 people with HIV/AIDS find needed resources
- Tested 13,000 individuals for HIV and linked the 99 people who tested positive to care and support
- Provided treatment education and adherence support to 1,717 people with HIV/AIDS
- Answered 4,200 calls to our HEARTLine for assistance
Stop by for your FREE and CONFIDENTIAL HIV test
633 Thompson Lane | Nashville, TN 37204
Office Hours: Monday - Friday (9:00 am - 5:00 pm)
HEARTline: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 6:00 pm)